Rules of Conduct
- Disrespectful and bad attitudes of students will not be tolerated.
- For non-married persons, there is not to be any kissing, hand holding, bear hugs, arms around each other or any other public displays of affection at or around Nexus activities. This is regardless of what parents may allow.
- No bullying of any kind.
- No drugs, alcohol, tobacco including e-cigarettes are allowed at Nexus activities.
- During Bible Study time, children under 16 who do not have a parent with them, or under the supervision of another adult assigned by the parent, must attend their age-appropriate Bible Study.
- Foul language is not allowed.
- Any activity which is customarily or culturally considered homosexual or other perverted activity will not be acceptable.
Guideline for both parents and children who participate in activities through Nexus Family Ministries. We ask you to self-police it. We may allow it, we may ask you to change it.
Clothing will be neat, clean, appropriately sized and modest. The following guidelines are offered to assist in determining what is “appropriately sized” and acceptable. Our goal is for students and parents to be modestly dressed and to not tempt or to become a stumbling block to other Christians in our ministry.
- No leggings unless other clothing is worn over them that is no shorter than the top of the knee.
- No "short" shorts. Shorts should be fingertip length.
- No sagging clothing exposing parts of your body that are inappropriate! Pants with no holes or rips above the knees.
- No yoga pants.
- No halter tops, tube tops, sleeveless tops with large armholes, low cut (front or back) tops or tops revealing the middle section of the body. Tops that are in a tank style to measure 3 finger width across the shoulder.
- Clothing with offensive, suggestive, obscene, or risqué writing or drawing is not permitted. Gang related apparel to not be worn.
- Items of apparel, jewelry, or grooming that are considered an extreme in dress (including clothing that is torn, cut, or ragged) or that advertise illegal substances or alcohol or that could be associated with gang related activities to not be worn.
- Any jewelry, body art, or piercing (other than ears) that is extreme. This also includes jewelry with spikes, and chokers.
- “Gothic” and other extreme forms of make-up are prohibited.
- The director of Nexus has the authority to determine the appropriateness of the dress of participants. The final decision with regard to dress code rests with the director.
Dance Dress Codes
o Ladies - Dresses and skirts fitting for church. Knee length, tea length and long dresses are fine. No slits above the knee.
o Men - Slacks and Suit Coat and tie if desired.
o Anything in the "Every Day Student & Parent Dress Code "
Black Tie Event
o Ladies - Nice dresses, no strapless dresses. Dress lengths to not be above the knee, tea length and long dresses are fine. No slits above the knee.
o Men - Formal: Slacks and Suit Coat. Black Tie: Tuxedo.
o "Every Day Student & Parent Dress Code" Applies.